Back to top
Everyone in Northern Ireland should now stay at home
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a type of virus called coronavirus.
Everyone should do what they can to stop coronavirus spreading. The best way to do this is to stay at home:
- only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home);
- if you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times;
- avoid non-essential use of public transport, varying your travel times to avoid rush hour, when possible;
- do not meet with friends and family – keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media;
- use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services;
- wash your hands well and often, and avoid touching your face.
You can spread